Start Submission Become a Reviewer

Reading: Accidental scrotal burns from paraquat while handling a patient

Download

A- A+
Alt. Display

Case Reports

Accidental scrotal burns from paraquat while handling a patient

Authors:

R Premaratna ,

Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya,, LK
X close

BGN Rathnasena,

Colombo North Teaching Hospital, Ragama, LK
X close

HJ de Silva

Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya, LK
X close

Abstract

The main risk of paraquat poisoning is from deliberate ingestion. Serious accidental or occupational poisoning is comparatively rare. We report two patients who had accidental exposure to paraquat, resulting in scrotal burns in both and systemic poisoning in one, while attending to a patient who had ingested paraquat for deliberate self harm.  

Key words: paraquat, scrotal burns

doi: 10.4038/cmj.v53.i3.251

Ceylon Medical Journal Vol. 53, No. 3, September 2008 pp.102-103

DOI: https://doi.org/10.4038/cmj.v53i3.251
How to Cite: Premaratna, R., Rathnasena, B. and de Silva, H., 2008. Accidental scrotal burns from paraquat while handling a patient. Ceylon Medical Journal, 53(3), pp.102–103. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4038/cmj.v53i3.251
Published on 17 Dec 2008.
Peer Reviewed

Downloads

  • PDF (EN)

    comments powered by Disqus